2020 MAJOR LIVESTOCK SHOW INFORMATION
Do you have a Quality County Verification number?
Starting in 2012, Quality Counts verification was required for all youth exhibiting livestock (market and/or breeding) at major livestock shows in Texas . This year it received a total makeover!
The “Quality Counts” program has been revamped and recently released for 4-H and FFA members. The new curriculum/program has been designed to better equip our youth livestock exhibitors with the most relevant and timely information related to the livestock project area. Focused on quality assurance and character education, Quality Counts is designed to teach young people the importance of displaying good character in carrying out livestock projects, and in every aspect of their lives.
Here are a couple of new components of the program to be aware of:
- Exhibitors will first be required to engage in the full learning content before being presented with the verification exam.
- Please be aware of this in advance as this could take around two hours for most students to complete the full content and test.
- Exhibitors will be able to start and revisit the curriculum as many times as needed.
- Exhibitors will have to complete the test once it is started.
- Exhibitors must achieve 80% or greater to pass the exam, but can take it as many times as needed.
- Exhibitors will be exposed and tested on the content potentially three times in their livestock showing career: junior (grade 3-5), intermediate (grade 6-8), and senior (grade 9-12).
- Exhibitors will access the course and exam at a new website: https://www.texaslivestockvalidation.com/qc/qcregister.aspx
- Verification on the new system will be required for entries into Spring major livestock shows.
IMPORTANT: If you come across a problem of some sort, please feel free to contact Kristy so she can help get it worked out.
Major Show Entry Forms and Premium Books
Fort Worth 2020:
San Antonio 2020
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2020:
Star of Texas (Austin) 2020:
San Angelo 2020: