This information is of value to many agricultural producers and land managers in our county. We think that you will find the historical rainfall chart of great interest.
The rainfall chart linked above references three sets of local data: historical data (1889-1935), information provided by a long term Extension cooperator (1936-1991), and records provided by the City of Huntsville (1992-current).
Walker County Ag Tips / Podcasts
*Note the Ag Tips audio files below may take a little time to download.
- Ag Tips: February ( Garden Planning Time Is Here / Crop Rotation )
- Ag Tips: February ( Still Time To Soil Test )
- Ag Tips: February ( Make The Most Of Winter Pasture )
- Ag Tips: February ( Tips For New Pasture Establishment )
- Ag Tips: March ( Check Your Soil Temperature Prior To Planting )
- Ag Tips: March ( Growing Vegetables With Few Pesticides )
- Ag Tips: March ( Fertilize Pasture for Spring Growth )
- Ag Tips: April ( Timing is Important for Quality Hay )
- Ag Tips: May (Forage Management for Cow Calf Programs )